PDA

View Full Version : Xtrend 9200 not working, blue light flashing - repair needed in the UK ideally

Adrian_
16-03-14, 13:34
Hi All

I have a problem with my Xtrend 9200. I am struggling for over three weeks to get my Xtrend ET-9200 checked and repaired. I bought it from a German shop Comtech.de 18 months ago (now I live in UK). It broke three weeks ago. Suddenly during watching TV it switched off itself and never switched on again. When I unplug it from the socket and plug it again blue light flashes 6 times and nothing else happens. Nothing appears on the front display and nothing on TV. No booting, no reaction on pressing power button, nothing.

The shop I bought it from rejected repairing it in spite of Receiver still being on warranty and me having a valid receipt etc. I've never come across such an incompetence and lack of after-sales service. I am hugely disappointed with the seller. I wish I have bought it from sponsor of this forum.

So now I am looking for someone who can have a look at my Xtrend 9200 and repair it. Maybe it's known issue for some of you guys. Any help appreciated. Obviously I'll pay for the repair.

Maxwell
16-03-14, 13:42
seems to be a common fault that requires a return to the manufacturer

Maxwell
16-03-14, 13:47
some things you can try,

Disconnect everything except the network cable and
Flash the bootloader
Flash a new image

marty
16-03-14, 13:49
Battery problem?

Adrian_
16-03-14, 14:26
Maxwell

The problem is it doesn't even come upto booting stage, so it's not looking for new bootlader/image on USB port.
Do you know how I can contact manufacturer? I had a search on google, but still not quite sure. Is it Clarke Tech http://www.clarke-tech.com/kontakt/kontaktformular?setlang=en&lang=en or Xtrend https://www.xtrend-shop.de/kontakt.php?lang=eng
Do they have an authorized service centre in the UK?

Marty

Battery showing 3.3V, obviously measured without taking it out, with no mains power connected.
But it may be some sort of Power Supply problem?

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 15:00
Sounds like a security board issue; would require RMA.

Maxwell
16-03-14, 15:01
clarke tech is the manufacturer, did you try it with everything disconnected

Adrian_
16-03-14, 15:08
clarke tech is the manufacturer

Already got a reply from Clarke tech:

Dear Sir,
sorry , we only supported Clarke-tech decives.
You can ask the people in the the official Xtrend forum > http://www.et-view-support.com/
best regards
ct support team

I have also contacted https://www.xtrend-shop.de/kontakt.php?lang=eng. Will see what they answer.

did you try it with everything disconnected

Yes everything disconnected, HDD, all USBs, All cables, all HDMIs

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 15:12
LOL correct as clarke-tech is not the manufacturer of Xtrend's.

Adrian_
16-03-14, 15:14
LOL correct as clarke-tech is not the manufacturer of Xtrend's.

Would you advise who is then, please? And how to contact them?

Maxwell
16-03-14, 15:14
:confused: lol yes dont know what I was thinking there, must be the hangover :eek:

Rob van der Does
16-03-14, 15:25
Normally you don't contact a manufacturer (as they're often hard to find) but your retailer. Irrespective of the question if the box is in warranty or not.
You could contact
www.xtrend-alliance.com they have an RMA section.

Adrian_
16-03-14, 15:52
You could contact
www.xtrend-alliance.com they have an RMA section.

Many thanks, I'll try them.

Normally you don't contact a manufacturer (as they're often hard to find) but your retailer. Irrespective of the question if the box is in warranty or not.

Yes I know but my retailer already refused repairing/reporting it to manufacturer, so what else I could do. I can't force them to do anything. They are in Germany I am in London.

Adrian_
16-03-14, 16:27
All right guys. I think I've found possible fault. It's a blown capacitor on Power Supply board (slightly bent outwards). I haven't got this type to replace it straight away but have just ordered it and will update you if this is it. Many thanks

twol
17-03-14, 13:49
All right guys. I think I've found possible fault. It's a blown capacitor on Power Supply board (slightly bent outwards). I haven't got this type to replace it straight away but have just ordered it and will update you if this is it. Many thanks

there have been several posts on this forum with successful repairs

Try
Xtrend DIstribution
COMAG Handels AG
Zillenhardtstrasse 41
73037 Göppingen
Germany

comag-ag.de

Rimmel
04-04-14, 13:45
there have been several posts on this forum with successful repairs

Try
Xtrend DIstribution
COMAG Handels AG
Zillenhardtstrasse 41
73037 Göppingen
Germany

comag-ag.de

TWOL is spot on, i have to send mine to Comag-AG - they replaced the security board and it lasted a couple of days and then stared to do the same. I had to send it back to Germany again. They replaced the main board as well for a 9200. Their service is very good.

shaft
16-04-14, 23:21
Hi Rimmel

How much did this cost if you don't mind me asking? I have a deadish 9100 which I might send.

shaft.

kunmun23
07-11-14, 22:42
I'm aware that this is an old thread..but I'm responding anyways with my 2 pence...I had EXACTLY the same symptoms...no LED display, switching on and off causes the power led to blink a few times and then nothing happens. I opened the box to disconnect my internal hard drive. Tried again and the same results..then I observed that a capacitor on the power supply board had blown (clearly bulged out. Its a 4700uf 10v yellow colored radial capacitor with 10000h service life (Samyoung NXH10VB4700M). I have ordered a similar spec capacitor on ebay and will try to replace it myself and report back with the results.

If it works, it may be useful info for other users who face this issue. I've had my ET9000 for over 2.5 years now and given the capacitor has a service life of 10,000 hours i.e. 417 days i.e. 1.5yrs, I'm sure somebody else will soon run into this same issue :)

It seems fairly easy to replace and should solve the problem...but I can't say for sure till I actually fix it...

Adrian_
08-11-14, 12:01
I'm aware that this is an old thread..but I'm responding anyways with my 2 pence...I had EXACTLY the same symptoms...no LED display, switching on and off causes the power led to blink a few times and then nothing happens. I opened the box to disconnect my internal hard drive. Tried again and the same results..then I observed that a capacitor on the power supply board had blown (clearly bulged out. Its a 4700uf 10v yellow colored radial capacitor with 10000h service life (Samyoung NXH10VB4700M). I have ordered a similar spec capacitor on ebay and will try to replace it myself and report back with the results.

If it works, it may be useful info for other users who face this issue. I've had my ET9000 for over 2.5 years now and given the capacitor has a service life of 10,000 hours i.e. 417 days i.e. 1.5yrs, I'm sure somebody else will soon run into this same issue :)

It seems fairly easy to replace and should solve the problem...but I can't say for sure till I actually fix it...

It should help. It did in my case.

kunmun23
14-11-14, 16:31
It should help. It did in my case.

It did indeed...got the 2 quid capacitor from eBay. Replaced it and all working well now !!:thumbsup:

jaluka
19-03-15, 21:57
Hi

I am jumping on this thread to try to resolve my issue with my Clarke tech ET9000

I have the same problem after the box was unused for 6 months, power button flashes 6 times, no display but i can hear the hard drive start up.

I have tried everything suggested on this thread including changing a capacitor

Anyone got a contact address for sending this unit too as i fear the battery is at fault.

I am in the uk

regards

Mark

twol
20-03-15, 08:13
As far s I am aware this is still valid...

Try
Xtrend DIstribution
COMAG Handels AG
Zillenhardtstrasse 41
73037 Göppingen
Germany

comag-ag.de

machare
23-04-15, 00:07

So where you also successful? Did you ever check the PSU output voltages? I have got as far as finding the bulging capacitor.

machare
25-04-15, 17:32
:(

:thumbsup:

MrKappa
19-08-15, 19:23
I have to report exactly the same experience in these days. I just replaced the guilty capacitor for 70 cents and now my ET9000 is starting again. Many thanks for sharing your experience!!!

shaft
20-08-15, 11:35
Hi guys
I too had a similar situation with my old 9000. It is in the loft these days but I might have a go at repairing it.
Will it be obvious which capacitor has blown? I'm not too bad with a soldering iron but I'm not sure if I will be able to spot the offending capacitor!
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
shaft.

MrKappa
20-08-15, 13:28
Hi guys
I too had a similar situation with my old 9000. It is in the loft these days but I might have a go at repairing it.
Will it be obvious which capacitor has blown? I'm not too bad with a soldering iron but I'm not sure if I will be able to spot the offending capacitor!
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
shaft.

To follow the recommendation from other users in this thread the yellow capacitor on the pictures few post before is the guilty (4700uf 10v yellow colored radial capacitor). If you don't find the same capacitor you can go with another with same capacity but higher tension. Just go with it if your case has to do with the power supply unit.
In other cases we have problems with the "security board" which is part of the mother board but this can be only solved in the repair center which has the original part to replace. So it make sense to try the capacitor replacement first before considering worst case scenario.

cupra.john
03-11-15, 08:27
mine went last night thanks for the info

cupra.john
05-11-15, 17:30
quick and cheap fix mines now working, best best pound I have ever spent (2 for a pound ) Thanks for the very informative post.

Rimmel
19-01-16, 22:23
My ET9000 just went down (6 flashing blue LED), replaced the mentioned capacitor with a 4700uf 16v 105 degree version from maplins (£1.09). It fired right back up first time.

Thanks, saved me a few quid.

Tryharder
28-01-16, 17:31
My ET9000 just went down (6 flashing blue LED), replaced the mentioned capacitor with a 4700uf 16v 105 degree version from maplins (£1.09). It fired right back up first time.

Thanks, saved me a few quid.

Just done exactly the same but the box hasn't booted up. I just get the Blue Light flahing a couple of times and then ET9000 on the front panel...and....nothing is the box completely bricked or is there anything else that can be tried short of returning to the manufacturer, Ive just purchased an ET8000 off WOS so it isn't critical that i spend a lot sorting it out. But would do as a spare if it could be brought back to life...

Thanks in advance..

Rgds. Tryharder

DaMacFunkin
28-01-16, 17:59
Does it flash?

Tryharder
29-01-16, 16:35
No mate Ive tried half a dozen times and in different usb ports...

Rgds. Tryharder

delboy13
29-01-16, 23:52
i had one repaired today and all working now

FroNo
03-08-16, 13:12
Hi

I have the same problem and I'm trying to get the card out to make the fix..
But...
The two white cables attached to the other card gives me a problem.
I've got the larger one off, but the smaller one.. will not budge..
There's a "clasp" on this one.
Am I supposed to "separate" the clasp or press it close in order to lift it up ?
I've tried both, but it will not come up and I'm afraid to use to much force..

-Frode-

FroNo
04-08-16, 11:31
Hi

Never mind. I had to press it close and with a little help from a screwdriver, I got it out.. :-)

-Frode-