PDA

View Full Version : flah VU+ solo to be FTE receiver

bibi82
08-11-10, 08:18
Hi all
I want to connect my vu to morebox via RS 232 ( flashed to act like a decrypter)
is there any image or software to run on the VU like other FTE receivers ??
Thanks guys

basilyoung
08-11-10, 09:55
I do not want to sound "dim" but whats a "morebox",
baz

appc777
08-11-10, 12:38
I do not want to sound "dim" but whats a "morebox",
baz

hxxp://moresat.net/faq/index.html

basilyoung
09-11-10, 15:50
so, if i am correct, you want to use the morebox to decrypt, and send to the VU unit??
I doubt that this is possible, but to be honest, I have never tried to use the RS 232 port in this way

baz

pooface
09-11-10, 15:53
so, if i am correct, you want to use the morebox to decrypt, and send to the VU unit??
I doubt that this is possible, but to be honest, I have never tried to use the RS 232 port in this way

baz

I would imagine that this would need drivers on the duo set up to work with it?! But there's very little information around on the net about the moresat boxes, so very difficult to see how they work, or what they do... Plus, I dunno how close this comes to breaking the rules, as it's not clearly set out how it does the decryption (from what I've read anyway)...

basilyoung
09-11-10, 16:25
I would imagine that this would need drivers on the duo set up to work with it?! But there's very little information around on the net about the moresat boxes, so very difficult to see how they work, or what they do... Plus, I dunno how close this comes to breaking the rules, as it's not clearly set out how it does the decryption (from what I've read anyway)...

From what I read via the posted link. it appears that it might be in the same league as the spiderbox "gift" in which case, it is a questionable post, but would of thought its a non starter as well, if any thing, a standard unit, like the technomates would be the way to go,
but on the DB,s, I have used the RS 232 to read a card, and yonks ago, I used a skystar one, using the RS port, again to read a card...but those days are long gone
baz