PDA

View Full Version : Power led still green.

clouzotbe
03-11-10, 21:30
Hi,

Thanks for new Vu+ Solo Vix image.

But is there an issue for the the power led.

It still green in standby mode.

Thanks for response.

Clouzotbe

andyblac
04-11-10, 12:45
Hi,

Thanks for new Vu+ Solo Vix image.

But is there an issue for the the power led.

It still green in standby mode.

Thanks for response.

Clouzotbe
this is normal operation

clouzotbe
04-11-10, 16:12
this is normal operation

Normal operation ?

This means that the green LED will remain in standby mode?

This is the first time I saw it on a receiver.

Normally, the LED turns red when the unit goes into standby.

How do we know that the receiver is in standby?

Thanks

Clouzotbe

pooface
04-11-10, 16:23
Normal operation ?

This means that the green LED will remain in standby mode?

This is the first time I saw it on a receiver.

Normally, the LED turns red when the unit goes into standby.

How do we know that the receiver is in standby?

Thanks

Clouzotbe

From what I remember, this is something that has been reported to vu. The red led is to say that the receiver has gone in to deep standby. From what I remember last time, vu were looking at getting the red and green led to both show together, to create an orange colour to show that it's in standby... I could be wrong, but pretty sure that's what I was last told ...

andyblac
06-11-10, 09:38
From what I remember, this is something that has been reported to vu. The red led is to say that the receiver has gone in to deep standby. From what I remember last time, vu were looking at getting the red and green led to both show together, to create an orange colour to show that it's in standby... I could be wrong, but pretty sure that's what I was last told ...

correct, but dont hold your breath, vu+ are not very quick in updates, i email Alex daily on my progrees with our image, and bug iwe find within the there base image, but he does not reply very often.

pooface
06-11-10, 09:51
correct, but dont hold your breath, vu+ are not very quick in updates, i email Alex daily on my progrees with our image, and bug iwe find within the there base image, but he does not reply very often.

Well, as I said last night, got my solo up and running perfectly now (well, not set up the swap, picons, timeshift etc yet, but gotta find my spare usb...). One thing that I noticed though was the orange coloured led whilst flashing. They manage to get the led working perfectly well on that, so surely it'd be an easy case for them to change the colour of the led for standby... Altho I think that the colours would be better to be different that what they've suggested. I'd say they should be read for standard standby, green for on, and orange for deep standby...

limeyuk
12-11-10, 12:48
Alex looks to have come good in the end.
Looking at the Vuplus . com official site , it looks like they have made the change to the LED on new Image 5.4

" Change LED Color at standby(solo) "

Full detail of image change are...
- Upgrade Linux DVB API driver to version 5(can be used with latest E2)
- Change dvb-core to use v4l-dvb(with additional patch)
- Change LED Color at standby(solo)
- Support vtuner at solo
- Fix vtuner audio/video sync problem
- Clean up and fix misc. bugs at vtuner driver
- Fix USB transfer problem when both front and rear ports are in use
simultaneously (solo)
- Disable HDMI hotplug at standby

pooface
12-11-10, 14:52
And if anyone wants to download the newest drivers, then they're here:

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/

Would give it a try myself, but not at home. Would be interested to see what colour the led is in standby now :D lol