PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED]No Video Signal

naji
29-10-10, 05:34
Hi

i just got a Vu+ solo, it was working fine but when i install a latest VTI image i couldn't get any thing on my HD screen although there is agreen light on the solo, i try to use scart and all other intrefaces but still nothing come up ...???
any hints ..?

:confused:

Sicilian
29-10-10, 05:53
After re-flashing did you give the Solo a couple of minutes to fully boot? Remeber the Solo doesn't instantly show video after a flash.

Stanman
29-10-10, 10:51
Did you install any boquets?
I used to get the exact same problem with no pic on HD but it was only after installing boquets and a full rescan resolved everything, but having said that not experienced it with the latest releases.

naji
30-10-10, 12:15
yeap
i wait for more than 5 minutes....???

naji
30-10-10, 12:17
i cant see nothing, i hope if i could reach the step where boquets are my problem

tagteam3283
30-10-10, 12:48
try another flash. are you using USB etc

naji
31-10-10, 08:14
I'm using network cable & Console cable not USB

naji
01-11-10, 08:10
Problem is solved by flashing the box using USB version instead of nfi version

souldude
01-11-10, 23:42
i have got the same problem. used the VIX image and now nothing showing on screen. No output , tried original solo image from there website still no out put. yes i have waited for it to boot but this is were i see a problem as when i unplug form the mains and wait 5 mins before plugging back in. When i do plug it back in it shows green light straight away not even a glimspe of red light . like its not booting .

i have used the usb version of the files and formatted the usb stick before hand and even used a different usb pen drive

so i am puzzled to why no output showing at all . not even a coloured screen on the tv that resembles any ouput from solo box

help

ta

Sicilian
02-11-10, 06:12
i have got the same problem. used the VIX image and now nothing showing on screen. No output , tried original solo image from there website still no out put. yes i have waited for it to boot but this is were i see a problem as when i unplug form the mains and wait 5 mins before plugging back in. When i do plug it back in it shows green light straight away not even a glimspe of red light . like its not booting .

i have used the usb version of the files and formatted the usb stick before hand and even used a different usb pen drive

so i am puzzled to why no output showing at all . not even a coloured screen on the tv that resembles any ouput from solo box

help

ta

I've just re-download the USB image and re-flashed, theres absolutely no issues with the image. Do as suggested above, re-download and re-flash. Make sure your grabbing the USB image named VIX_V1.0_solo_Team_Image.zip http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2877&d=1288603928 Its approx 40 seconds to see the first images on TV after a flash. If not showing switch through HDMI inputs on your TV incase the TV port has gone into somekind of sleep mode.

souldude
02-11-10, 09:39
hi i have tried again with the image you sent and excatly the same out come. no output i have even put my solo on to another tv and still nothing from the scart or hdmi

Sicilian
02-11-10, 10:23
hi i have tried again with the image you sent and excatly the same out come. no output i have even put my solo on to another tv and still nothing from the scart or hdmi

Are you flashing exactly like this guide?

http://vuplus.com/?page_id=133

Do you have a RS232, can you flash with the VuUtility?

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

souldude
02-11-10, 14:46
Hi since I flashed it using the USB . As per the correct way I can not get into the FTP etc yes I have tried different hdmi cables and scart leads . When I put USB in and reset box the light changes to amber whilst updating and then flashes green to say it's finished so I unplug and plug back in and as soon as its plugged in the light goes to green and no output is shown . I can only presume the box has not flashed correctly or something is there a way to reset back to factory settings

Sicilian
02-11-10, 17:10
@ Souldude, try flashing the .nfi image with this utility http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?18-VU-Utility-and-guide-for-usage-of-the-VuUtility

souldude
02-11-10, 23:14
hi
is there any other way as i dont have rs232 port on my computer or laptop

souldude
04-11-10, 21:02
Hi

i have tried to connect upto the computer and got the port ok but it wont connect to ip . on the box it stil comes up with the green light on the front. I have looked on the back and i dont see the red light around the optical socket as this would say it is switch on. I can only persume that the box isnt turning on at all. Does this mean the box is knackered
thanks