PDA

View Full Version : new install

tagteam3283
22-10-10, 00:16
evening all,

hope and of these are not deemed to be an illegal questions.

Engineer install
I am getting S^y HD installed on Sunday and want to swap their box for the Solo.

In a few months time when my cable is disconnected I want to add another two boxes around the house and go with multiview HD. Will the engineers install cabling into these other two rooms if i tell them this or do they do a standard install to a single room only?

My Setup
When I was speaking to the salesman, he told me that the S^y box needed to be connected to the telephone socket at all times OR I could call S^y up and pay a one-off fee of £25 so eliminate the need for this.

I won't have a landline in my house after next month as I am having the cable disconnected and was wondering:
1) does the box really need to be connected at all times?
2) can I swap the solo for the S^y box?
3) If i can swap it, do I need to connect the Solo to the telephone socket? If so, how do I do this? If I can't, do I need to reconnect the S^y box every now [or leave it connected all the time with no card] and then or if i pay the £25, will this eliminate this requirement.
4) Do i need to use a specific image for S^y.

cheers all

basilyoung
22-10-10, 00:40
When I was speaking to the salesman, he told me that the S^y box needed to be connected to the telephone socket at all times OR I could call S^y up and pay a one-off fee of £25 so eliminate the need for this.

I won't have a landline in my house after next month as I am having the cable disconnected and was wondering:
1) does the box really need to be connected at all times?
2) can I swap the solo for the S^y box?
3) If i can swap it, do I need to connect the Solo to the telephone socket? If so, how do I do this? If I can't, do I need to reconnect the S^y box every now [or leave it connected all the time with no card] and then or if i pay the £25, will this eliminate this requirement.
4) Do i need to use a specific image for S^y.

its likely your terms and conditions fobid the use of an alternitive reciever, and so would aviod the subject

if its a new install, and not connected to a phone line, if you had a subsidized install. they could ask for full payment

I would concider the VU+ as it does the same (but better) as a sly+ unit 9 if u cancel your subs, you wont lose your recordings)

other connections around the house,...I doubt if the engineer will do this, ( a back hander might help though)

baz

tagteam3283
22-10-10, 01:05
hi basil, thanks for the reply.

I explained to the sales guy that i would not have the landline next month when cable disx. he said they would need the one-off £25 payment to eliminate the need to connect to the phone socket - sounds like i need to do this then. This sounds a pricey to me e.g. what if I ordered multiroom for another 2 boxes. are they saying that I would need to pay £75 cos I don't have a landline?

What about the other question: when swapping to the solo, if i got another landline, do he solo boxes need to be connected to the phone socket? if so how? or does a CCCcam do these updates?

Gonzo
22-10-10, 05:38
No you don't connect any VU+ receiver to the phone line.

CCcam2.1.3 onwards will update your cards rights. Have a read here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2758-sly-card-in-vu-duo&highlight=sly+card+in+box

You need to install CCcam then edit the CCcam.cfg found in /etc. So you will need to ftp into the Solo to edit the file with your boxkey details etc.

Stanman
22-10-10, 19:51
Dont bother with the £25, you do not need to have the phone line connected. The phone line is only needed for the multiroom boxes to make sure there in the same house.

The card is updated via the sat signal and not phone line. CCCAM will update sly entitlements.

Dont forget to use VIX, its already set up with virtually everything you need, will make your life better

tagteam3283
22-10-10, 23:23
starman , which image should i be using then. i have seen a few posts about VTX image being "nearly ready" but no links as yet

tagteam3283
23-10-10, 09:21
engineer installed today. would not budge on adding xtra lines in :( so i will need to setup my own feeds to any other boxes i want in.

i assume that when i replace the authentic box with a solo that i only need to connect one of the cables and can disconnect the other end from the LNB

tagteam3283
23-10-10, 10:06
ive connected my motorised sat up to the solo and showing me as nothing detected.

swich it back to my DM600 and no probs -

any ideas

Stanman
23-10-10, 11:00
Yes sorry my bad, didn't realise you have a solo, that image is not ready as yet, I think you can use VTI in the mean time.

The solo will not read your card until you have a software can installed and its easiest to do it with the new image as it will be a simple couple of button presses. Afraid can help with the VTI image as I have never used it.

Again cant help on the solo set up but have you selected the sat in the tuner configuration, am assuming its similar to the duo?

tagteam3283
23-10-10, 12:52
right , got the VTI image on, channels are transferred.

motorised sat wont turn.

any idea what option i should be settings for the tuner.

i am current ly using the long/ lat setting, but the sat dont turn

tagteam3283
23-10-10, 18:31
getting an errorserviece unavailable, check tuner configuration.

i have a sky dish coax in withe the tuner settings
simple
single
no

Any ideas why this is happening

i have also installed the satfinder plugin which does show a lock on 28E using DVB-S

basilyoung
23-10-10, 19:09
I take it, that you have activated 28 east in your tuner config??

the way to do this, is to go to the sat name, press the side ways button, until you see 28 east, press ok, and then you should get 28 east

baz

tagteam3283
25-10-10, 11:11
I take it, that you have activated 28 east in your tuner config??

the way to do this, is to go to the sat name, press the side ways button, until you see 28 east, press ok, and then you should get 28 east

baz

okay got this setup for a single sat on my sky dish now, cheers baz

basilyoung
25-10-10, 12:47
pleased you are getting some where now, but is your system motorized?

if so, you need to sort out your tuner config, it will be the same as the duo in terms of setting up the tuner, except of course, its a single tuner

baz

tagteam3283
25-10-10, 15:43
cheers baz

i am using the solos to reshare Sly "internally only", which i have working now using CCCam and already have a DM600 for CS euro sat-share using MGCam

would the Duo be capable of managing both services [client for sly reshare and motor] - I want to replace the DM600 with a HD box

next on my list is:
picons for the sky internal reshare
wireless dongle to eliminate cabling
EPG 7 day - get as close as i can to the authentic box EPG so the old lady can use it
wait for VTX image then do it all again