PDA

View Full Version : full 7day epg

boywonder786
21-10-10, 13:23
How do u get the full 7 day epg i have dowenloaded and enabled teh rytek plugn but still only shows on soem channels now and next if this was the case i shud of stuck with my spiderbox..:confused:

deckymckeown
21-10-10, 13:47
On the VIX image cross epg is included, but I imagine u could download this as a plugin on other images.

I set up my hard drive and configured cross epg via on screen menu to download data to my hard drive.

When u download data it syncs it with the internal epg and also cool epg which is included with this image.

There u go, full epg then. A lot better than Spiderbox

Sicilian
21-10-10, 13:47
I'm assuming your using VTI2.1 image.

Hold down blue button > Go to EPG Import.
Press blue button for source and select Rytec UK, then press green for ok.
Now enable daily download and set time or leave at 5.45am.
Press yellow for manual download.
Wait for epg to start importing.
Press green to close.
Wait until a pop up window give message to reboot so epg can be populated and select yes to reboot.

On reboot hold down epg button and select graphical EPG ;)

If ever you need to reboot, the correct way is to hold down standby button on remote and select restart or restart GUI, if you just power off then power on, all imported EPG data will be lost as it wont be given a chance to be saved.

@ decky, VIX image for Solo will be released soon, its not too far away now.

boywonder786
21-10-10, 14:22
I'm assuming your using VTI2.1 image.

Hold down blue button > Go to EPG Import.
Press blue button for source and select Rytec UK, then press green for ok.
Now enable daily download and set time or leave at 5.45am.
Press yellow for manual download.
Wait for epg to start importing.
Press green to close.
Wait until a pop up window give message to reboot so epg can be populated and select yes to reboot.

On reboot hold down epg button and select graphical EPG ;)

If ever you need to reboot, the correct way is to hold down standby button on remote and select restart or restart GUI, if you just power off then power on, all imported EPG data will be lost as it wont be given a chance to be saved.

@ decky, VIX image for Solo will be released soon, its not too far away now.

hi scillian,

ave tried the above however it still not loading full epg only loads now and next for a coupel of channels, do i need a usb hdd fo this to work, also when u said hold power to reboot gui do i do that when it pops up with the window saying press ok to restart?

thanks

boywonder786
21-10-10, 16:56
Anybody???? Anyway I hope the vix image sorts this out

boywonder786
21-10-10, 17:03
I'm trying to be strong and solve this but just want to cry....:-(

Sicilian
21-10-10, 17:14
What settings/bouquets have you uploaded? Are they B16MCC's? Maybe try these http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2634-SGTFlipFlop-E2-settings&p=21878&viewfull=1#post21878 , i'm wondering if it the settings/bouquets.

VTI2.1 should work fine, i've tested it. VIX image EPG works fine too, i'm currently testing it.

boywonder786
21-10-10, 18:11
I use my own boutique I basically modded the original list.... But even when I had the full b16 boutique it wudnt work if I install the vix image will it work then do u gave a download link for the image with all the stuff I need cheers sicillian

Sicilian
21-10-10, 19:40
Are you sure that you've selected the Rytec UK source by highlighting it, then pressing the OK button so that a tick or cross appears beside it?

boywonder786
21-10-10, 20:41
Yes definitely it even loaded all the events I think about 42000 then a window pops up asking to save...once I press ok the GUI restarts then went into multiple epg and loaded it up selecting eg documentaries and nothing happens only now and next this was not even loading now and next for all channels ...

Do u think I could have a dud box??

I mite try the cross epg thing see if that works following this thread

Sicilian
21-10-10, 21:35
[QUOTE=boywonder786;22513]Yes definitely it even loaded all the events I think about 42000 then a window pops up asking to save...once I press ok the GUI restarts then went into multiple epg and loaded it up selecting eg documentaries and nothing happens only now and next this was not even loading now and next for all channels ...

Do u think I could have a dud box??

I mite try the cross epg thing see if that works following this thread

It's not a dud box :trustme: It could be an issue with the VTI image. I'll have to flash and test myself in the next day or two.

Try loading this bouquet http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2634-SGTFlipFlop-E2-settings&p=21878&viewfull=1#post21878

boywonder786
21-10-10, 22:27
Ok brilliant I'll try the latest bouquet on the link one think I don't understand is how would the bouquet affect the epg can you not re arrange or modify the bouquet to suit your needs if u could test a box out then that would be brill cheers

Sicilian
22-10-10, 05:31
I've not had a chance to test yet, can't remember the behaviour of the EPG button in the VTI image. If you do a single press of the EPG button, what do you get on screen? If you hold down EPG button what options do you get?

When you do select a EPG, what are you selecting Graphical EPG or Multi EPG? If selecting Multi EPG it will only show Now and Next, you then need to press blue button for next and yellow button for previous.

See attached screenshots I found for examples of Multi EPG and Graphical EPG.

boywonder786
22-10-10, 12:03
now then scillian good morning,

heres a vid of what i did

thanks a million

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgvD3E9d0qY

Sicilian
22-10-10, 13:28
Just watched the video, can't see that your actually doing anything wrong. This could be a bug in the VTI image. I'll need to do some testing, rest assured though, this buy isn't present in the upcoming VIX image ;)

boywonder786
22-10-10, 13:37
Respect

I'll just wait for vix image

tagteam3283
27-10-10, 17:33
anyone got an update on this EPG problem i.e got it working ye

boywonder786
29-10-10, 19:16
Use aaf image and u get full 7 day epg