PDA

View Full Version : latest sly bouquet

boywonder786
18-10-10, 14:17
Hi,

Just got my vu solo... does anybody have a dummies guide to loading the latest sly bouquet on.. with a link to the file..

thanks guys

Sicilian
18-10-10, 14:19
What kind of setup do you have? Fixed sky dish? Motor dish?

boywonder786
18-10-10, 14:43
fixed disk at 28.2 east am just getting to grips with all the jargon and what to do been reading a lot of posts on here i think i know how to flash it with vti just curious how to load the latest channel list.... i have read about settign it up for ccam think am ok there, just need to understand how to use dcc or whatever to access the box.

any help much appreciated

Sicilian
18-10-10, 14:49
Here's a good guide to send Enigma2 settings/bouqets to the Solo: -

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

These are ideal for a fixed UK dish http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2783-B16MCC-sky-uk-bouquets-3.6.1.-2nd-october-2010

boywonder786
18-10-10, 14:54
cheers but am using vti image i thought once i load it on it overwrites enigma2?

Sicilian
18-10-10, 15:05
cheers but am using vti image i thought once i load it on it overwrites enigma2?

Enigma2 is (VTI2.1 image) is the operating system, these are Enigma 2 settings/bouquets, think of them as your channel lists ;)

steve1978
18-10-10, 15:08
Very good setting list. even the Chan numbers are the same as Sly.

boywonder786
18-10-10, 15:10
oh right looks quite straightforward thanks for everything...

just to check then
i use dreambox edit to load the channels using the FTP
and i use DCC to edit the config file for ccam

boywonder786
18-10-10, 15:11
Very good setting list. even the Chan numbers are the same as Sly.

can u set the box up so that when u press 101 it loads bbc1 , i.e 401 sky sports 1 or will it have its own number eg 1 being bbc1 and eg 89 being sly sports 1

Sicilian
18-10-10, 15:12
oh right looks quite straightforward thanks for everything...

just to check then
i use dreambox edit to load the channels using the FTP
and i use DCC to edit the config file for ccam

Thats it.

To FTP into the Solo with DCC or you could use Filezilla, use the Solo's IP address in Menu > Setup > Network > Adapter. The users name is root and password is left blank, port no. 21.

boywonder786
18-10-10, 15:39
sorry i dont understand that bit what do u mean u use filezilla i thought u just run the dcc and click ont he ftp tab on the left hand side and enter the config file there? and then send it somehow

boywonder786
18-10-10, 15:47
i thought u just use the ftp tab on the left hand side of the dcc software to enter the config file

Sicilian
18-10-10, 15:51
If you comfortable with DCC, use that.

You can create your own CCcam.cfg with notepad, the ftp it into /var/etc

To create your own, open notepad > enter your Cline > Save as > Set 'save as type' to 'all files', then name the file CCcam.cfg

Larry-G
18-10-10, 16:36
can u set the box up so that when u press 101 it loads bbc1 , i.e 401 sky sports 1 or will it have its own number eg 1 being bbc1 and eg 89 being sly sports 1

yes mate, thats exactly what the B16MCC bouquet does. it is setup in such a way that it follows the sky uk channel numbers exactly. if however once you have loaded the bouquet files onto the box you still find they do match you can fix that as follows.

download a new copy of the bouquets or extract them if you still have the original compressed archive.
open dreamboxedit and press the OPTIONS tab followed by the ADVANCED tab.
now make sure the following line is ticked " allow duplicate entries in (user) bouquets. "

now close and re-open dreamboxedit and load your bouquets to the box.

boywonder786
18-10-10, 16:44
this may sound stupid but how do i actually physically send my cline to the box using DCC i have created a config file with my subscription details using notepad that is saved on my desktop but i dont actually know how this gets transferred to the box i understand this FTP concept it sounds very good but do u have a dummy quide to do it???

at the moment my desktop is covered in 101 diffeent winrar files all of which make no sense at all i have read lots of post am confident with flashing to usb and going into menus and installing the ccam 2.1.4 or whatever once thats done i think i may just be able to load the channels however the cline, i understand i need DCC, once i get my box i know where to enter its ip adress and username root pasword blank etc, i have the notepad file on my pc so i just need to know how to ftp this across...

pls dont laugh i only found out what a bloody vu box was on friday night so ave spent the last 2 days filling my brain with the most useless information ever. thanks

Sicilian
18-10-10, 17:07
m8, no one is going to laugh at you :trustme: if they do they'll feel the force of the ban button ;) We all have to start somewhere :)

Personnally I'd use filezilla to upload your CCcam.cfg, here is a guide I found to give you an overview of filezilla
http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Using

Larry-G
18-10-10, 17:17
this may sound stupid but how do i actually physically send my cline to the box using DCC i have created a config file with my subscription details using notepad that is saved on my desktop but i dont actually know how this gets transferred to the box i understand this FTP concept it sounds very good but do u have a dummy quide to do it???

at the moment my desktop is covered in 101 diffeent winrar files all of which make no sense at all i have read lots of post am confident with flashing to usb and going into menus and installing the ccam 2.1.4 or whatever once thats done i think i may just be able to load the channels however the cline, i understand i need DCC, once i get my box i know where to enter its ip adress and username root pasword blank etc, i have the notepad file on my pc so i just need to know how to ftp this across...

pls dont laugh i only found out what a bloody vu box was on friday night so ave spent the last 2 days filling my brain with the most useless information ever. thanks

as the boss said no one will laugh at you. satellite always has and always be a difficult hobby to break into. simply because of the amount of technical knowledge needed to set things up. however you do have a life line in forums such as this one where you can ask questions and read others experiences in setting their kit up. just stick to it. you will be surprised at just how fast all of that " useless knowledge " comes in handy.

boywonder786
18-10-10, 18:00
thanks for the kind words guys

just to go over this again using filezilla i obvously
open it and put my box ip adress (which coudl be found on my box by doign Menu > Setup > Network > Adapter) username: root password: blank port: 21
then will it load up my box in the remote sites window so on the left hand site i have local site to the right of that i have remote sites
the i locate my filename which will be on desktop then do i just drag that into the window which says remote sites, i have seen pple mention var/etc or somethign like that once?
once the box is connected will it come up with soem directories in which to place the config file into.

ave read the dedit thread so i shud be ok with that :)

Sicilian
18-10-10, 19:27
You'll be fine m8, take one step at a time.

boywonder786
19-10-10, 11:51
ok to update ave just got my box i did the vti image i was through the wizard and now it just hangs on the TV Bouquets screen it says loading defaults its been doign this for a while i think its frozen so i restarted the box and it came back to this screen and carried on hanging here the box is not crashed coz when i press a button the green led blinks any ideas?

boywonder786
19-10-10, 12:06
Ok ignore last post i have loaded the bouquets but does anyone know the settings for fixed dish at 28.2 east as i cant seem to view any channels at the moment

boywonder786
19-10-10, 12:16
can someone tell me which directory i need to upload the config file to in order to start ccam, i have downloaded the 2.14 and started the cam just need to ftp my notepad fiel but unsure into which directory using filezilla thanks

boywonder786
19-10-10, 12:51
ok all sorted now just got one problem when i press 101 on my remote it doest go to 101 bbc one anyone know how to do that i know its been covered above but that didnt work cheers

Larry-G
19-10-10, 13:02
if you have edited the bouquets it is very possible you have messed up the channel order, also the bbc did a massive list of tp changes yesterday so there will be a fair few of them now dead.

boywonder786
19-10-10, 13:21
ave not edited the bouquets its been ftp across in its original format but when i press 101 on my remote on screen it comes up with some other random channel...

also the epg is only fo rthe next 2-3 hrs at the moment i hav activated the rytec plug in but its not scheduled till 6am so am thinkign after that it shud be ok

finally is there anyway to customise the center up down left right button to show whats on next when u press right key instead of skipping 8 channels and when u press up and down to scroll through the channels instead of loadign the channel menu up?

cheers

boywonder786
19-10-10, 15:49
ok all sorted now only problem is epg is only for now and next not the full 7 day as i was thinking?

Larry-G
19-10-10, 15:57
also the epg really has nothing to do with the bouquets, there separate entities.

boywonder786
19-10-10, 17:44
Yeah I understand the bouquet am gonna use my own anyway but how do I get the full dog I have enabled the plug in and also manually updated but it still only showing now and next programs thanks

boywonder786
19-10-10, 18:18
Is it normal to even with pluton enabled to have to press EPG button for a long time and then choose Graphical Multi EPG, then you have to see what channels, and when you want to change channel you need to press RED button, but still EPG is on and you need to press EXIT at last.

Seems long winded