PDA

View Full Version : SID PAT Issue

davy28
29-06-13, 08:42
Any ideas folks on how I can fix an SID not found in PAT error...

Larry-G
29-06-13, 08:52
This usually occurs when the frequency or transponder has changed for the channel in question, you need to either update your bouquet ( channel list ) manually or use one of the Automated bouquet creators such as the ABM plugin built into the ViX image.

davy28
29-06-13, 09:01
This usually occurs when the frequency or transponder has changed for the channel in question, you need to either update your bouquet ( channel list ) manually or use one of the Automated bouquet creators such as the ABM plugin built into the ViX image.

Thanks Pheonix I tried to do a ABM scan but got [Cannot read data] therefore channel lists in EPG and Genre themselves mixed up combined with a lot of n<a's where Channels once were. Any ideas mate

Larry-G
29-06-13, 09:37
what's your tuner setup ?.

davy28
29-06-13, 09:41
what's your tuner setup ?.

Twin Tuner Uno set to 28.2e on fixed dish...is that what you mean mate?

Larry-G
29-06-13, 09:42
so how exactly is the tuner setup in the tuner setup page and do both tuner inputs have their own feeds ?.

davy28
29-06-13, 09:51
so how exactly is the tuner setup in the tuner setup page and do both tuner inputs have their own feeds ?.

In Tuner Config page it says Tuner A:Vuplus DVB-S NIM (AVL6222) (DVB-S2) Single Sats 28.2 Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F and exactly the same for Tuner B Phoenix..

Larry-G
29-06-13, 09:54
open each tuner up by pressing ok on them and make sure both are set to.

simple
single
28.2 east
no

also can you confirm that both tuner inputs have their own feed from the LNB ?.

davy28
29-06-13, 09:59
open each tuner up by pressing ok on them and make sure both are set to.

simple
single
28.2 east
no
also can you confirm that both tuner inputs have their own feed from the LNB ?.

Yes they are both set up as you have written above mate...

Larry-G
29-06-13, 10:02
tune to BBC1 and run ABM again to see if it makes a difference, if that still does not work try temporarily disabling tuner B then run ABM. Just trying to rule a few things out ( sorry i cant be much more help at present as i dont have one of these twin tuners with which to test, so i'm just guessing at the moment ).

davy28
29-06-13, 10:06
Not at all mate I appreciate your time, will get back to you asap...

davy28
29-06-13, 10:12
The ABM scan from BBC1 didn't work same error code [cannot read data]

Larry-G
29-06-13, 10:14
The ABM scan from BBC1 didn't work same error code [cannot read data]

Try temporarily disabling tuner B and see what if any differing results you get.

davy28
29-06-13, 10:37
Hi mate disconnected Tuner B got Error code [Timeout for Tuner Lock] plus previous channels showing [SID not found in PAT]

davy28
29-06-13, 14:24
Hi Phoenix any more ideas or suggestions how to fix above problems...

Larry-G
29-06-13, 15:52
Hi Phoenix any more ideas or suggestions how to fix above problems...

sorry I dont have any more ideas, other than to check your cables and F-plugs etc are all in good condition and fit snugly, as i said i cant rule out the twin tuner being the cause as i dont have one my self, although i have yet to see any such error reports from those i know to have these tuners in operation.

Rob van der Does
29-06-13, 16:27
Looks like faulty connector/cable/switch/LNB

Best to disable one tuner, use satfinder on the remaining one.
The swap the feeds and do the same.

abu baniaz
29-06-13, 16:52
Confused by several threads for same issue in essence.

He has tried the receiver at a friends, he has tried other receivers on same cabling/dish. Does this not indicate something wrong with receiver/tuner?

Rob van der Does
29-06-13, 16:54
Confused by several threads for same issue in essence.
Yes, indeed.

He has tried the receiver at a friends, he has tried other receivers on same cabling/dish. Does this not indicate something wrong with receiver/tuner?
Yes, it does.

davy28
29-06-13, 22:16
I have 3 boxes all running off seperate cabling but same LNB and Dish..he has!

davy28
29-06-13, 23:02
Using Sat Finder Tuner B is set at Manual Transponder not Predefined is this the correct setting, SNR:92% AGC:49% and BER:0. Tuner A showing exactly the same settings and reading SNR:92% AGC:49% BER:0.

Should this tell me anything as its kinda over my head what I should be looking for..tbh

Rob van der Does
30-06-13, 05:00
Manual transponder is quite useless: better use predefine transponders, and make sure you choose one (or more) in each quadrant (Hor/Vert - Hi/Low).

davy28
30-06-13, 12:09
Manual transponder is quite useless: better use predefine transponders, and make sure you choose one (or more) in each quadrant (Hor/Vert - Hi/Low).
Ok Rob thanks so much..an update on what has been happening now all 3 boxes showing same error code when I try an ABM scan [Cannot read Data] and still getting SID not found in PAT on 1 box:(:(

abu baniaz
30-06-13, 21:25
Don't mean to confuse the matter.There are a few variables in your setup. As you have not said how you have conducted your tests, you will have to identify which is/are at fault.

Dish alignment- all receivers on their individual cables will have the issue. Dont forget taht receivers have different tuner sensitivities.

LNB, treat each port individually.

F plug at each end of each cable.

Each individual cable - you can more or less rule this out if the receivers are doing the same thing in different places. If you have plugged in another receiver in the same place, and is now giving the error (wasn't when plugged into another room) then the cabling could be at fault or lnb.

Settings.

Receivers - ruled out now that all three exhibit the same issue

image- ruled out because nobody else is having the same issue

davy28
30-06-13, 21:47
Hey Abu thanks for your reply much appreciated.. yes I swapped boxes around today tried them in different rooms and all threw up same error code when I tried an ABM scan [cannot read data] in every receiver and again only 1 box threw up [SID not found in PAT] with a loss of channels in main genre and EPG, I'm leaning towards outside the house i.e.:- F-connections and LNB or LNB itself which in a way would be confusing as I'm still able to view channels one way or another...:confused::(

abu baniaz
30-06-13, 22:09
It is unlikely to be the f-plugs on the LNB end of all the cables as they are not normally disturbed and are hopefully coverd by the hood so not water damaged.

For the time being, use a premade channel list such as Mr Mister's or Rats. That way you will get some channels.
Some will say tune failed as the signal is not being received. You will then have to check if it is LNB or dish alignment.

If you suspect dish alignment, press on each end of the dish to see the if the signal quality improves. There are apps for smart phones. Vu+ player also has a section.

This then just leaves the LNB.

davy28
30-06-13, 22:24
Extremely grateful thanks Abu..

shuggy
30-06-13, 23:31
do a manual scan on each make sure all tuners are getting around 900-1000 channels for 28.2 anyway

davy28
01-07-13, 13:57
do a manual scan on each make sure all tuners are getting around 900-1000 channels for 28.2 anyway

Will do shuggy...it's been very frustrating eliminating the probable causes long and painstaking...

Rob van der Does
01-07-13, 14:49
But then you still have no idea about the cause.

davy28
01-07-13, 18:38
But then you still have no idea about the cause.

Precisely Rob that is why people like me, ask for help from the knowledgeable like you. Albeit advice based on the correct information given. So in this case as it looks increasingly likely it is an Exterior problem that is causing Receiver Errors i can only surmise the LNB is faulty as i had a look at F-Connectors and they are dry with no water damage or copper wire showing. Thing is if i go to the expense of buying an LNB and i still get said Errors it's back to square one...

Rob van der Does
01-07-13, 18:54
You could disable tuner B in the tuner config and see if you still have problems. If so: change the feeds (swap connectors to the tuners) and see if you still have problems.

davy28
01-07-13, 20:00
Good idea...will keep you'se posted..

davy28
02-07-13, 01:06
Hey folks update on thread:- tried everything I possibly can with everyone's help and advice (for which I am extremely grateful btw) but to No avail still receiving same Errors at ABM scan and loss of various channels etc...etc., swapped Units around, swapped F-connections around, Unconfigured Tuner A and Vice-Versa, Manually Scanned with Tuner A&B separately both Tuners found 952 Channels, Checked outside at Dish everything appears Ok No water damage or Braiding showing. The only thing that leaves is the LNB itself but if the LNB was faulty would it still pick up Satellite signals and therefore Tuners finding Channels...Man my head is Mush with it all tbh:smash:

shuggy
02-07-13, 03:20
is it just 1 or 2 channels ur not getting ?? try going to all channels red button I belive and look for that channel and highlight it and put it in the correct bouqet I feel fur ye m8

Rob van der Does
02-07-13, 04:44
The only thing that leaves is the LNB itself but if the LNB was faulty would it still pick up Satellite signals and therefore Tuners finding Channels...Man my head is Mush with it all tbh:smash:
Yes; and that's what I would like to try to find out using the satfinder.
LNB's are often partly defect. They do a part of the tuning: they get a signal to go to Hor/Vert polarisation and to Hi/Low frequency band.
So bet is to go to satfinder, predifined transponders. The you'll see the polarisation and frequency.
Switching between transponders in Hor/Vert polarisation is quite easy: just go through the transponders and watch Hor/Vert
Same for frequency band: Satfinder will start in the lowest frequency transponder; using arrow-left it will go to the highest.

Do the above for both tuners.

davy28
02-07-13, 15:23
Ok Rob will try it when i get in from Work. Spoke to Stef from WoS this morning he suggested i Re-flash Vix and do a fresh set-up...

davy28
03-07-13, 01:00
Woohoo:) Hi All, Re-flashed Vix and done a fresh Set-up, it has worked albeit it took me back to Build 632 as that was the only option in my Vix Image Manager maybe because it's the last verified stable Build don't know just guessing. So in short All Channels back, AutoBouquetsMaker working again everything in correct numerical order NO more {Cannot read Data} or {SID not found in PAT} Errors. So being the curious type I am I Updated to latest Build 685 and tried again but hey guess what Errors all came back ABM stopped working. Just thought would raise it so the Vix guys could Investigate maybe I'm the only one experiencing these issues but makes you wonder why, when I revert back to an older Build everything is spot on...Mmm Strange:confused:

abu baniaz
03-07-13, 01:26
For someone to have a look, debug logs are required.

I have just run it. Only thing I had to do was disable the motor. (TM Twin build 685)

Rob van der Does
03-07-13, 04:58
The ABM bug is knowns. but all services should be fine.
Anyway: updating from 632 to 685 will give you problems: you really need to flash with 685 (get it from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/ and flash via USB).

davy28
03-07-13, 10:41
I updated from Build 665 Rob, in Image Manager Build 632 was the one in there i used which rectified all the issues i was experiencing...

marty
19-09-13, 16:01
I'm getting it on my TM single now :(
100% NOT the LNB/cable etc