PDA

View Full Version : Black screen and constant green light !

ilCampione
17-09-10, 12:07
i bought a Vu+ solo and when i installed vti image (the new one) via serial port, the programs said that the flashing completed

butt now all what i get is a black screen on the tv and a constant green light on the reviver

what is the solution ?

satmanbasil
17-09-10, 13:30
Hi mate

Green light indicates its working have you tryed pressing the menu button, im not sure but i would make sure from start that you have both a scart and hdmi connection incase its waiting for you to go through the installation process and its either in scart mode or hdm. another reason for blank screen is if your receiver if set up correctly is on an encrypted channel so if you can see the menu then exit that and arrow down key to channels and green button to choose the satellite ur dish is pointing to then say if looking at 19east select astra HD this is fta to see pictures
regards
satmanbasil

ilCampione
17-09-10, 14:00
Thanks for your reply

i tried scart and hdmi and no change at all still having the black screen

and the reviver is frozen and didn't even boot, i cant see the menu or any thing "just the black screen"

even the light of the network cable is off !

satmanbasil
17-09-10, 14:21
Hi mate

Have you tryed this image in this link

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1205-VTi-quot-Vu-Solo-Team-Image-quot-V0.1-1.07.2010-USB-Drivers

if yes then i can only suggest maybe flashing with the basic vu solo image first and see if it responds to that least then we will know if its the receiver at fault or just the image.

Did you follow this proceedure when you installed the image at first

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

come back with what happens when you try to install thats different to whats written in the above link

regards
satmanbasil

ilCampione
17-09-10, 16:29
^^^

i cant install the image via usb because it's not respoding. and the network light is off so i cant install any back up

i saw a man with the same problem in another forum, he solved the problem by installing the original image 4.9 and then image 5.0. he said the probally there was somthing in the memory that didnt get deleted

is there something like the flash erase in the dreambox ?

serg
17-09-10, 19:15
i bought a Vu+ solo and when i installed vti image (the new one) via serial port, the programs said that the flashing completed

butt now all what i get is a black screen on the tv and a constant green light on the reviver

what is the solution ?
i had the saME problem,could not install any image exept vu-4.6,but then found very simple solution.
it seem s like box goes into some sort of sleep mode after rebooting.all u need is wake it up.

try this mate, it works for me.... press reset button ,give it 3-4 min(longer if EPG update set on startup) ,then press POWER BUTTON on ur remote control FOR 5-6 SEC,u should get your box back to life.
hope it helps!

PS.

ilCampione
19-09-10, 09:43
^^^

Thanks for your reply. i tried this but nothing happened and it still on the #$#@ black screen and constant green light

isnt there a way to erase the flash ? because i think that the problem is from it

serg
19-09-10, 12:17
it should work,try one more time,exactly how i said

after u flash ur SOLO,turn it off the mains wait 2-3 sec THEN dicconect USB drive
then MAINS ON ,give it 5 min(to be sure),press and hold POWER BUTTON on ur remote for 5-6 sec.

ilCampione
19-09-10, 14:40
^^

i did everything except the vu-4.6 because it comes only in usb format and the usb is not responding

serg
19-09-10, 15:29
strange,
USB instalation should work if done properly.
the box should be able to read image file from boot.
is ur USB stick alright?

Sicilian
20-09-10, 06:05
^^^

i cant install the image via usb because it's not respoding. and the network light is off so i cant install any back up

i saw a man with the same problem in another forum, he solved the problem by installing the original image 4.9 and then image 5.0. he said the probally there was somthing in the memory that didnt get deleted

is there something like the flash erase in the dreambox ?

What do you mean you cant install image via USB because network light is off? There's no need for a network when flashing via USB. The LED light being refereed to is on the front screen (behind round screen). Try what satmanbasil has suggested in post 4 then report back.

ilCampione
20-09-10, 19:55
What do you mean you cant install image via USB because network light is off? There's no need for a network when flashing via USB. The LED light being refereed to is on the front screen (behind round screen). Try what satmanbasil has suggested in post 4 then report back.

i was just mentioning that the network light is off too

i tried everything he said but the usb is not working and i don't get anything when i use it

the serial cable works but after completion nothing changes

debrune
27-09-10, 11:25
hi
i have same issue

what is the solution ? please.with thanks