PDA

View Full Version : problem with new VTI image vor SOLO

hansham
31-08-10, 18:24
I installed the new image.
After two days suddenly I could not receive most of the channels on hotbird????

I did not change anything on my decoder. A true mystery.

:confused:

basilyoung
31-08-10, 18:30
I take it you are using cccam?? if so, have you tried retarting it??, is the unit connected correctly, (lasn cables etc plugged in?)

baz

hansham
01-09-10, 19:09
I use cccam for internal card sharing and that works fine (Canaldigital). I have astra 1,2,3 and Hotbird and it is Hotbird that gives the problem, but only on the satbox I installed the new image on.
When I make the satbox look for channels, it finds hundreds of channels on Hotbird, but many of them give no TV image when I zap to them. I had the same problem with the previous image when I forgot to install the updated drivers.
Could it be something with satellites.xml ?
Also in the past I had partnerbox working fine, and now it says "connection refused by other side"

basilyoung
01-09-10, 19:55
have you updated your dns address,...and is the ip of the unit still the same?? you may still get you internal connections, but external may be gone until the old settings are in place

baz

hansham
02-09-10, 08:25
- solved -
Thank you for this suggestion, I noticed that later too, but that is not the problem.
I have updated satellites.xml from satellites-xml.eu , re-booted and I let the box search for channels again, -I do not know why- but this solved the problem.

These VU+ boxes still have a lot of mysteries for me.
like, for example, how a partnerbox plugin can work while it asks for the password but not for the login name....