PDA

View Full Version : new installation

tandaman
27-08-10, 16:05
Hi lads just got my vu+ solo box..Im trying to load an image. Usb stick formatted to FAT32 and image loaded..The Vu+ screen is on and loading enigma2 down the right hand corner of the screen..but its therea long time...any help will be really appreciated

Sicilian
27-08-10, 16:15
Follow this guide to flash http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick and use this image http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1205-VTi-quot-Vu-Solo-Team-Image-quot-V0.1-1.07.2010-USB-Drivers replacing the drivers once done.

tandaman
27-08-10, 16:27
ok I got passed that part now on doing the network test my IP Adress and Nameserver is coming up as unconfirmed sorry lads

Sicilian
27-08-10, 16:32
Has your router got DHCP enabled?

tandaman
27-08-10, 16:40
yes it has as far as i know

grtmoby
27-08-10, 16:51
have u enabled dhcp on the box itself. can it obtain the gateway and other settings

ns77
27-08-10, 17:36
Have you tried typing the VU's ip address in the address bar of your web browser? see if it will connect that way

tandaman
27-08-10, 21:07
Ok lads I have managed to get the router connected ( nearly divorced ) anyway now when I go to load enigma 2 Bouquet through Dreamboxedit its coming up as unable to connect..I tried a null modem cable and enthernet between pc and box.

Donnie
27-08-10, 21:11
With Dreambox edit you only need to enter the ip for you Vu and then in user you put root and password leave blank.
On a local lan there is no reason not for it to connect other than you AV/ firewall blocking it.

basilyoung
27-08-10, 21:58
some ftp type progs dont like " " (blank) as a password

it might help if you telnet the unit, (ip of your unit, login = root password " " blank/nothing then type

passwd (not password) you will be prompted to type in a new password, do so, (no text will be seen)
then you will be prompted to repeat your new password, again type in the password (no text will be seen again)
once done...it will confirm the password has changes

baz

tandaman
27-08-10, 23:50
Ok I have the pc running off the router which is fine..I then have the vu+ box connected to the router ...all ok in network test except IP Address as uncomfirmed I press blue and confirm the detail but still it comes up as unconfirmed...Im really sorry about this lads.

basilyoung
27-08-10, 23:54
no problem tandaman

have you set the ip on the unit to dhcp??

baz

grtmoby
28-08-10, 00:00
tandaman
when u click on menu>setup>system>network>adapter settings

what do u have there for

use interface
use dhcp

tandaman
28-08-10, 00:03
ok I have the interface and dhcp on all geen but still wont contect to vu+ through dreamboxedit

grtmoby
28-08-10, 00:05
it should write to you your network details
do u have an ip, netmask, gateway and name server all these have numbers beside them

if so, what is your router u r using, is it forwarding the ftp port for any reason to another computer.

basilyoung
28-08-10, 00:07
this gets back to my post .....you need to telnet the unit, or use winSCP

baz

tandaman
28-08-10, 00:12
ah man think i might have bitten off more than i can chew...I have all the numbers next to ip gateway and so on...downloading winSCP now and will have a look and see if I can use it...really appreciate the help guys

basilyoung
28-08-10, 00:24
the reason you are having problems useing dream edit, is that it does not reconize a blank password

use the telnet instructions, then try, if you do not no how to use telnet, (many do not) please say so..and we can help you

baz

basilyoung
28-08-10, 00:30
one other question

why not just download via the unit, the latest settings...catseye settings are very very good??

baz

tandaman
28-08-10, 00:46
So many things I dont know....I have cateye bouquet in dreamboxedit but as I said cant connect....I think i know the telenet command but can you give it to me again please

grtmoby
28-08-10, 00:52
if u mean to change the password then it is "passwd" without the ""

tandaman
28-08-10, 00:56
I downloaded winSCP tried that but that wont connect either...The box is all connected up to the router all green ticks in the test...When i go to download the plugins it says no plugins available...but anyway connecting the box is my main problem

grtmoby
28-08-10, 01:09
can u have a look at thebox webinterface

does it have
start webinterface yes
enable http connection yes
port number is 00080

tandaman
28-08-10, 01:36
Dont know about the webinterface but I got the box connected in dreambox edit but now when I go to tranfer to the box it says connected but isnt actually doing anything

grtmoby
28-08-10, 01:59
have u read the guide for dbedit and go as it says

tandaman
28-08-10, 08:22
Yes i did it step by step m8

tandaman
29-08-10, 17:22
Ok lads I have box connected to the network via belkin router 3600n version...Run the network all green ticks...My pc is connected to the same router via enthernet cable internet working fine...but the problem is my pc cant see that the vu+ solo box is on the network so i cant transfer any files to it via the pc...any help will be appreciated

Donnie
29-08-10, 18:10
You need to use telnet and give your box a password.

I suggest you download putty.

grtmoby
29-08-10, 18:12
what happens if u wrote ur vu ip address in ur browser address bar and press enter

tandaman
29-08-10, 18:29
nothing happens....this page cannot be displayed....Just so im writing in the right on where do i find the box ip address...I will try putty thanks

grtmoby
29-08-10, 18:50
make sure webinterface is enabled
to find vox ip address:
menu>setup>system> network: adapter settings

the box ip should be displayed there

tandaman
29-08-10, 19:12
ok working tonight will try it 1st thing in the morning...in network on the pc my pc and the router is in there to my understandin g the router shouldnt be in there should it