PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo Green screen

ns77
19-08-10, 21:18
The box hasnt been on for a couple of days,turned on tonight its gets to the screen with with the girl with bloodshot eye (loading defaults) then flicks to green screen than gets in a re boot loop...cant connect with browser or ftp program.......any ideas? cheers

basilyoung
19-08-10, 21:21
if the unit keeps going green, it sounds like it need a reflash, I do not own the solo, so cant offer any other remidy

baz

ns77
19-08-10, 21:26
wasn't sure if there was a way to get to a boot menu,on the itgate you can get into boot menu holding VOL + when switching on

basilyoung
19-08-10, 21:42
well unless its urgent, i would wait 24 hours, to see if there are any alternitives

baz

Sicilian
19-08-10, 21:53
By what you've described I would re-flash using USB method. Use VTI image and replace the drivers here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1205-VTi-quot-Vu-Solo-Team-Image-quot-V0.1-1.07.2010-USB-Drivers

Where you doing anything that might have caused a green screen? What was the last thing you changed/installed?

ns77
19-08-10, 22:11
last time it was on,was put into deep standby....not used for a couple of days,powered up tonight and the green screen loop........will try & get into it tomorrow,,,,pain in the a**e having to start from scratch.....motorised dish,cccam,plugins,replacing drivers.....OMG.....suppose that'll keep me busy for a while.......never flashed one of these only the dreambox,itgate & the old cable boxes....so i may be asking some questions..

Sicilian
19-08-10, 22:15
Dont worry, very easy to flash. Guide here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

Have you never flashed it since you bought it? Surprised you even managed to get you motor to work with the stock release image. What image was on it out of interest?

ns77
20-08-10, 07:58
Originally i had a bit of trouble getting it set up due to the drivers missing,so once i got the drivers installed it's been ok till the wife & kid get there hands on it,wouldn't care 95% of the channels they watch are on freesat...
will have a go at flashing later today (hopefully) weren't the days of cable boxes so easy .....click on restore on my pc to ip address and away it went back to its original state (itgates by the way) all channels where i put them....Ahhh......