PDA

View Full Version : EPG Poor & Recording from EPG

ns77
13-08-10, 08:15
Is it just mine or is everyones epg pants,on UK channel lists only 60% have channel info,been through the settings,can't see anything wrong also looked at the plugins.....ALSO on the channels i do have an epg i set a it to record from the epg menu it works ok but it wont let me add a second recording till the first one finished (is this normal?)....manually setting the timer not a problem....cheers chaps...

Stanman
13-08-10, 08:52
nope mines fine, when i finnaly manage to download it.

dfdream
13-08-10, 09:07
NS77,

Are you using Rytec. If yes then most channels are on the EPG. IF there are ones that are not then you can request them to be added on the rytec section on PLi website or post here and some one will check and post them there.
As for the program info. Rytec in the main have decided that due to the volume of data when you think of all the sats and providers to only include program info for the main channels (for UK all the terestrial Channels and the main sky channels sports, movies, disc, nat geo etc) all the rest of the channels only have info for programs between 18:00 and 24:00 hrs mostly. They can change this to 24hr info if enough people request it.

The only issues I have noted is now and again data doesnt get downloaded for some channels so I do a manual download (takes 5-6 mins) or if there are late program changes the EPG doesnt pick it up.

pooface
13-08-10, 11:28
epg works fine if you're using the satmate epg downloader.

Sometimes, there is some data which doesn't seem to have any description for it. Noticed this mainly to be the sky movie channels in the morning (or at least premiere hd anyway :p). But the satmate epg has data for all international channels, adult channels, etcetc...

Sicilian
13-08-10, 19:11
First remember that the Solo is single tuner, so recordings wont be allowed to overlap if they are on different transponders. Now Press Menu > Setup > System > Record and check if there's any recording margins set before or after.

dfdream
13-08-10, 20:33
Well spotted Sic. Daaaa.

I was assuming twas a duo....

ns77
15-08-10, 09:07
Cheers.......Think i will give satmate downloader a try,