PDA

View Full Version : How to make timer from SOLO uses Tuner from PLUS

hansham
09-08-10, 00:08
I have a SOLO and a PLUS in a network. They share a NAS.

I want the timer from the SOLO to start recording with the second tuner from de PLUS, not the SOLO.
For the developers from VU+ this should be not a problem, but is it possible now?

(this way you can also build a duo-receiver with two SOLO's.)

How can I do this?

pooface
09-08-10, 06:03
I think that you will need the partnerbox plugin installed for this, but not 100% sure, as I haven't tried myself...

hansham
09-08-10, 16:13
makes sense...
worth investigating

pooface
09-08-10, 20:19
Let us know how you get on with it ... Be interested to know

hansham
09-08-10, 21:17
it works!!

I installed the Parnerbox plugin. I just have to set the name, ip and password of the remote satbox. I disabeled all the streaming features. I don't need them. According to what I read on the internet it also works between different brands.
If I open "timer" on my VU+SOLO I can choose "remote timer" from the VU+DUO. I even get a confirmation message on the screen that the remote timer has accepted.
the only minor issues are:
- the user interface of the timer is not equipped to show remote timer events in the listing.
- if I program an immedeate recording, I do not have the option to choose "remote timer"
How can I make a request to the developers to add these features?

- this means that you can have the features of a DUO in a SOLO. -
- this means you can have a solo as a (kind of) NAS in your network, somewhere hidden in a closet, and SOLO's on other places in your house as viewers. The big advantage of that is that to my opinion the SOLO looks more cute and does not have the fan noise.

basilyoung
09-08-10, 22:04
ok, you,ve doe it now hansham :eek:

well done on your achievement so far,

I am about to get another VU+, but unsure if its to be the SOLO, or DUO

but this sort of thing, is exactly why I want a second unit

baz

hansham
10-08-10, 08:30
This means that is is possible I program your timer or you program mine. Not useful, but it is possible.

basilyoung
10-08-10, 21:29
well actually, it is usfull, in that (not tried it yet) I could get my VU+ unit recording, via my DB 800, whilst the 800 is being used by my missus, so any programming that is required for frontroom viewing, I am looking at eventual 3d television, hopefully around the end of this year

baz