PDA

View Full Version : dcc telnet login

sorsat
15-01-12, 01:00
hi all, trying to connect to my vu duo with dcc and i keep getting telnet login failure? i'm on bh 167 beta tried the usualname= root, pass= blank but no joy....... any clue?

silverfox0786
15-01-12, 03:59
have you tried password or blackhole or dreambox

sorsat
15-01-12, 10:26
yeah, is there any way of reset telnet login? i dont even know where you would enter this info in the vu,
i've never tried to connect to my box before as it was set up by someone else and i have some channels not clearing like universal etc i think i just need to update my channels from astra i fancy loading your bouqets trying to any way..........

Larry-G
15-01-12, 11:41
Are you using a windows based PC or laptop to connect with the box ?.

If yes you can try connecting Via the inbuilt Windows Telnet client, This tutorial will show you how it's Done.

Tutorial - How to enable the default Telnet client in Windows 7
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...t-in-Windows-7 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7)

If you can establish a Telnet connection to the box you can change the password let me know how you get on and if you need help changing the password via Telnet.

Maxwell
15-01-12, 11:53
Try downloading and running the Set Password plugin
Once installed go to Setup>system>change root password

Larry-G
15-01-12, 11:58
If you can establish a Telnet connection, even if you cant login you can change the password.

1. Establish a Telnet connection to the Receiver, you will be asked to login enter root as the username then hit enter.
2. Type passwd This exact spelling, Then hit enter This will initiate a password reset.
3. Enter your new password followed by enter, you will have to do this twice but don't worry if you don't see a prompt asking between tries as it will still work.

That should be it. once the password has been entered the Second time it will be reset to what ever password you just entered.
This password is the same one you use for FTP connections, Telnet sessions etc etc.

punisher
15-01-12, 11:59
Dont use dcc. Try using putty or built in windows 7 telnet. For ftp use filezilla or flashfxp. Dcc has been known to give login issues

Alias1
15-01-12, 12:34
If you can establish a Telnet connection, even if you cant login you can change the password.

I don't think so :)

Larry-G
15-01-12, 12:38
I don't think so :)

Well i know for a fact this can be done as I do it regularly, I changed the password on my old DM600 using this exact method only last week where I had long since forgotten the password. all you need to enter is the user name which is root then passwd to initiate the password reset.

sorsat
15-01-12, 13:11
could not open connection to host on port 23 connection failed, i can see my vu on my router and i'm wireless to that and the vu is wireless to router also? is this the problem maybe?

sorsat
15-01-12, 14:16
if i were to swap from blackhole image to vix image would i be able to save my 'cfg info' and reload it on my new image?

silverfox0786
15-01-12, 14:37
yes you can

cfg is in /etc just back it up and away you go

Alias1
15-01-12, 14:39
Well i know for a fact this can be done as I do it regularly, I changed the password on my old DM600 using this exact method only last week where I had long since forgotten the password. all you need to enter is the user name which is root then passwd to initiate the password reset.
You are dreaming :)

Welcome to ViX for vuduo
ViX v2.3
vuduo login: root
Password:
Login incorrect
vuduo login:

silverfox0786
15-01-12, 14:42

mate carefull how you come across

that can be taken as insulting

and pheonix is right

he is after all a beta tester and tests ViX image just as much as we beta memebers do and cetainly more than you

so he knows what he is talking about

Larry-G
15-01-12, 14:43

Welcome to ViX for vuduo
ViX v2.3
vuduo login: root
Password:
Login incorrect
vuduo login:

I dont think so pal i have done it hundreds of times on the Uno, Duo, DM600, DM7020, TM600. works every time for me. just by entering the root username and passwd . NOT PASSWORD. so i suggest before you go getting on your high horse again you learn to read and follow instructions. before you make your self look even more of a moronic child with a attitude problem.

Alias1
15-01-12, 14:45
I give in you are right yet again I am wrong.
Like linux has a hole like that in it give me a break
You enter root it ASKS for a password

silverfox0786
15-01-12, 14:56
ok thread is being closed now

OP question has been resolved and no more discussion is needed