PDA

View Full Version : image fault

woody
08-07-10, 11:28
has there been any reports about images do damge to this box? iread on a german site that people or i think they were saying it caused a problem?

Retired member
08-07-10, 11:59
Nope what it was, the official image that was released some months back (before the general release of the SOLO receivers) had some old drivers in which the latest SOLO doesn't like, so if you flashed it with the 4.6 firmware you then found you had no signal, could move dish etc. which at first could appear to be a hardware fault, but infact it was just a software/drivers, the latest release firmware 4.9 that they released a couple of days after has sorted it all out, so no hardware problems, just a driver issue on some old firmware, all working sweet again now :)

Retired member
08-07-10, 12:03
I should add anyone that had flashed the old 4.6 firmware simply needs to re-flash with the latest 4.9 firmware to restore it to it's former glory, it won't have cause any damage what so ever, just it simply wouldn't/won't work properly until you install the latest 4.9 firmware. :)

Foxylady
10-07-10, 09:26
My friend just got a solo and loaded latest firmware into it, now box has gone mad, the tuner is all over the place and box not usuable, he is gutted.
He has also got a duo and perfect tus reason wy i bought one and now wishes he got another one of them.
The firmware he put in was the latest vti 4.9, the signal strength goes from 0 to 100%
But is there a fix for this to bring the solo box of his back to life at all
Cheers
Foxy

Retired member
10-07-10, 09:48
Yep easy fix.... Read the post here regarding the drivers, the same applies for the VTi image as it does for the 4.6 firmware, just FTP the new drivers over, give the SOLO a restart and you are good to go again http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1205-VTi-quot-Vu-Solo-Team-Image-quot-V0.1-1.07.2010-USB-Drivers&p=6708#post6708