PDA

View Full Version : How do i record

Foxylady
01-07-10, 07:41
Been trying this last night and can not get hang of it.
I have virmin v+'s and bought vu due to way v+'s worked.
I have set the tuner b on Loop through to tuner a, but just a simple explanation for this dummy on how to record 2 progs whilst watching one.
Also with current setup i have using only one tuner as on motorised, can i record more than 2 programs whilst wtching one.
Thanks
Foxy :D

paul362
01-07-10, 08:11
If you are using a single feed I think you can only record from the channels that are on the same transponder simultaneously I have the v+'s too on cable and they have 3 tuners that work @ the same time allowing you to watch 1 and record 2 ! your Vu has 2 tuners but to benefit from it you really need 2 feeds connected (I have tuner A motorized dish And tuner B single fixed sky mini-dish.) this way i can record anything i want and still watch any other program or sat that i need.

Also so long as the program you want to record is still on the same transponder you can record as many as 6 programs @once.

Foxylady
01-07-10, 10:00
So would i have been better buying the vu single? as i only have motorised up.
I have DMElite image in mine, how do i operate the record i.e. how do i select a program later for example.
I looked in manual but pointless has now have different image
Thanks again
FOxy

pooface
01-07-10, 15:42
Why don't you buy a twin or quad lnb, and send another feed from the motor to the vu duo? In the setup, you then tell tuner b that it's another feed from motor... This way, you take the benefit of your box...

Also, as for how to record, I assume you mean if you wanted to record something from tomorrow?!

Easiest way, is to download the epg for the package you want (e.g. sky uk), but doing blue -> red -> satmate sky uk -> ok, yellow. When it's downloaded, press red to exit.

Then, press the up/down button, browse to the channel you want to record from, press the epg button, find the programme in the list, and press the green button. Check all ok, green button again to save (I think).

By the way mods, think this should be move to the duo chat no? Since op has a duo, not a solo?!

hth :)

Foxylady
01-07-10, 16:12
I have a quad lnb spare, but how would this help me in record for say 2 channels at same time whilst i watch one if both tuner a and b are connected to same dish.
Just do not understand how it works fella, not a techno wiz with it as new to me, had 800hd for 7 month that i learnt pretty quick but the twin tuner part is confusing unless i have another dish mounted?
I am new to sat side, been on cable for 7 year, for obvious reason lol
I thought it be easy as v+ lol, obviously not.
Thanks for the how to on recording bud.
OH! my bad, did not realize i had posted in solo
Foxy

hummer66
01-07-10, 16:21
Hi foxylady you can record more than one channel with 1 feed as long as its on the same transponder
start recording a channel then look at your channel list and you will see some greyed out and some white
the white channels are the ones on the same transponder
so with 2 tuners you can do more still
hope this helps

Sicilian
01-07-10, 16:45
You've got the following options: -

1. Keep motorised dish as is and add a separate fixed dish for 28deg (sly). That way you can watch record channels on 2 different satellites.

2. Fit dual or quad output LNB to motordish and you'll be able to watch record many channels (at least 2) dependant on what transponders they are on, but must be on same satellite.

Foxylady
02-07-10, 09:29
Much clearer thanks, will have a play today as wife loves watching Ghost whisper and bugs me so i could record it for her, as i cant watch as she a turn on for me and can not concentrate on program only her, then i start bugging wife if you know where i am coming from psml
Thanks all, much appreciated