PDA

View Full Version : info on new image from vti?

Dr.Dream
29-06-10, 18:23
Is there any info from vti team when will be available image for solo?

Retired member
29-06-10, 18:37
Expected over the next few days is the likely release I understand, although there is no exact official date.... The due date for the SOLO receivers in Germany is tomorrow so expect the one date to be closely followed by the other....

OldSkulRide
29-06-10, 19:38
they are waiting for new original firmware... i assume

Zupy
30-06-10, 07:28
It makes no sense to put out a new image if it is nothing new or important has happened with the original image.
VTI last image is based on the latest version of the original image and then there is no reason for the newer image for now.

Sicilian
30-06-10, 07:43
It makes no sense to put out a new image if it is nothing new or important has happened with the original image.
VTI last image is based on the latest version of the original image and then there is no reason for the newer image for now.

The OP is referring to the Solo image, of which there isn't a VTI image yet.

Zupy
01-07-10, 07:51
My mistake:baby:

Retired member
01-07-10, 09:33
I should also point out it's came to light as of yesterday that the 4.6 firmware for the SOLO SHOULD NOT be flashed to the SOLO receivers that we are supplying (or anyone else in Europe for that matter!). The factory flashed firmware is actually a later firmware and fully functional. The 4.6 firmware is and older firmware that was intended for sample receivers from a few months ago only.

PLEASE DO NOT FLASH THE 4.6 SOLO FIRMWARE TO YOUR SOLO RECEIVER!

If it's to late and you've already gone ahead and done it, don't worry, a new full firmware release should cure this problem, we hope there will be one of these over the next few days, once flashed with a new firmware you should be back to normal.

Dr.Dream
01-07-10, 10:46
where can we find the factory flashed image to roll it back
i have flashed him with 4.6 and every 1 minute i have green screen
Is there any file with the factory default image? or have to wait for new?

Thank you

Sicilian
01-07-10, 11:01
where can we find the factory flashed image to roll it back
i have flashed him with 4.6 and every 1 minute i have green screen
Is there any file with the factory default image? or have to wait for new?

Thank you

There is a 4.8NFI version. I'll upload it later today, but the new VTI version isn't far away and it doesn't have the bug.

Dr.Dream
01-07-10, 11:04
There is a 4.8NFI version. I'll upload it later today, but the new VTI version isn't far away and it doesn't have the bug.

i have try it too Boss but seems that not working at all with this nfi version
with vu util starts update says all ok but nothink starts

Retired member
01-07-10, 11:12
Yes this 4.8 nfi I think is an error, I think it's actually just the DUO version that's been uploaded to the SOLO section by mistake, have tried myself and it does not work, it will appear as though it's flashed OK but the SOLO won't boot to a working image. Again it doesn't appear to cause any lasting damage though... An full original firmware release is needed here, I've ask Alex at VU+ if they can provide us with one, but chances are there is a new firmware due any day now anyway, so one way or the other I'm sure will soon be sorted out for those few that have flashed 4.6....

Sicilian
01-07-10, 11:30
VTI Image isn't too far away. Please be patient.

OldSkulRide
02-07-10, 15:19
BTW, no DE image for SOLO.

Basically, no OpenPLi image, no DE image, only VTi

pooface
02-07-10, 15:26
BTW, no DE image for SOLO.

Basically, no OpenPLi image, no DE image, only VTi

Yup, straight for the horses mouth...

NO. Vu solo is not in plains because we have not received prototypes and now is too late and we have not time to work on a new stab.

I think that there will be one reason why the solo won't be as big of a hit as a dm800 or dm500hd...

Retired member
02-07-10, 15:35
I personally don't think you can say never.... What you have to remember is these groups soon get 'the hump' when they see receivers being sold and they as developers don't even have samples to hand, and I can see their point of course, but just because they are not producing anything right now does not mean in a few weeks/months time things won't change ;)