PDA

View Full Version : How to flash your VU+ Solo with USB stick

Retired member
29-06-10, 13:41
I've had a play about with this today and I've worked out what looks like the way to do this, it seems to have worked for me...

Exactly as suspected the files go in a vuplus/solo directory from the root of the USB stick. You then put the USB stick in the front USB port on the SOLO, then turn on mains power and you should get:

ORANGE/RED LIGHT (CONSTANT) IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - LED LIGHT FLASHING ON USB STICK (if yours has an LED)

after a min or two you'll then get

ORANGE/RED LIGHT FLASH IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - NO FLASHING FROM LED ON USB STICK

then just a short while later

GREEN LED FLASHING IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - NO FLASHING FROM LED ON USB

That's it, you can now remove the USB stick and turn the mains power off then back on. Once you turn the power back on again the green LED in the display window should be constant and it'll just be a black screen on the TV, you must wait a good while now, longer than you'd imagine, then eventually the VU+ setup wizard screen will appear and you are good to go!

Seems fairly obvious really now that stage one is transfer info from USB stick, stage two flash from memory, stage three complete! Hope this helps. :)

rosywalid
24-08-10, 18:07
hi me too i 've just flashed my vu+solo with usb and im a bit scared about the time that it will take the black screen on tv and cuz as u said it should i ask you the time took for you to be back the image?
thank you so much

rosywalid
24-08-10, 18:08
can you please answer cuz im a bit pressed

Sicilian
24-08-10, 18:43
What exactly is the issue you are having?

rosywalid
25-08-10, 16:43
the fact that i flashed my vu+solo with usb and after when i switch on i have no connection with tv i mean just a black screen

rosywalid
25-08-10, 16:44
its doeasnt work no more waht should i do ?

Sicilian
25-08-10, 16:47
Have you tried with this image? http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1205-VTi-quot-Vu-Solo-Team-Image-quot-V0.1-1.07.2010-USB-Drivers

chands
14-11-10, 07:26
dear i have same problem i bought new receiver i want to using cccam on it for this purpose i install black hole receiver in it with vu utilty flashafter flash via r232 my receiver did not show display on my tv he just show black screen i am so tens about my vu+solo plz solve my problem what i do, my receiver just show green light on front panel plz write me on my email or pm (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Sicilian
14-11-10, 09:14
The RS232 utility does not work with the Solo, I've contact VU+ Support about the issue. Try re-flashing again with USB image.

Gav
13-01-11, 22:52
Well i just tried the above method and it was done in under 4 min. I must say so far im impressed. Its the quickest box ive flashed yet. Just got it scanning the now then i will upload some boquets.

silverfox0786
13-01-11, 23:55
Well i just tried the above method and it was done in under 4 min. I must say so far im impressed. Its the quickest box ive flashed yet. Just got it scanning the now then i will upload some boquets.

wow 4 mins now thats long i have flashed quicker than that i'd say realsitlicly about 2 mins to flash

campione5000
10-02-11, 12:16
Thanx for thread

melio
19-10-12, 00:37
Thanks Worked for me

olive25
27-10-12, 16:33
Hello hope i am not hijacking , i have just loaded this onto my vu+ solo
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14235-Vu-Solo-ViX-2-3-%28Linux-3-1-1%29-Image-Release-s

hope that is right it seems good so far , 2 questions what do i do now & how do i load my ccam.

thanks

Stanman
27-10-12, 19:17
Hello hope i am not hijacking , i have just loaded this onto my vu+ solo
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14235-Vu-Solo-ViX-2-3-%28Linux-3-1-1%29-Image-Release-s

hope that is right it seems good so far , 2 questions what do i do now & how do i load my ccam.

thanks

Latest is this http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20216-New-ViX-Team-VU-Solo-OE3-0-Release

You need to download the cams from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

and follow this tutorial http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9735-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-ViX-image-GiGablue-Technomate-Venton-VU

there is no CFG file so you will need to create one yourself - use notepad+++ - search the forum please as Pheonix has posted it here

daithemix
06-09-13, 11:26
hi mate, t
huge thanks to you for posting this coz you just saved me from a life without my new vu+ solo that i manadged to blinking crash within 1 day of receiving it ! thank you soooooo much !

geoffb377
10-09-13, 23:06
hey folks, progress, got black hole imaged ok, now have screen, i have an ip now and its all showing on network, have filezilla, can i still recover cfg files?
need password etc...

Larry-G
10-09-13, 23:10
hey folks, progress, got black hole imaged ok, now have screen, i have an ip now and its all showing on network, have filezilla, can i still recover cfg files?
need password etc...

No as the process of flashing the image has wiped the flash where those files were stored. This also brings us back to why the video output died with ViX and the latest driver's ?, because BH does not have those drivers installed as standard yet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

eclipsespain
16-09-13, 08:51
I have a black screen after flashing with usb, nothing has changed is there a good older version to begin with. I tried to flash box that had Black hole on and change to open vix is this a problem? Also the first time I had an external HDD plugged in (forgot to remove it) have flashed since but to no avail

Larry-G
16-09-13, 12:46
I have a black screen after flashing with usb, nothing has changed is there a good older version to begin with. I tried to flash box that had Black hole on and change to open vix is this a problem? Also the first time I had an external HDD plugged in (forgot to remove it) have flashed since but to no avail

Is the unit genuine or a clone ?. Please be truthful so as not to waste our or your time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

vu77
24-10-13, 12:36
Hi guys,
i have a VU+ Solo operating the OpenPli 3.1.1v. I made the mistake to update the software and now i have nothing in my TV set. I have tried all the above methods to erase it, flash it but with out any success. The latest was the openvix-3.0.204-vusolo_usb file with the USB method but when the update finished there is only Pitch black and No Signal on the TV set.
No HDD connected during the procedure, only the Ethernet cable.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you

vu77
24-10-13, 14:45
Hi guys,
i have a VU+ Solo operating the OpenPli 3.1.1v. I made the mistake to update the software and now i have nothing in my TV set. I have tried all the above methods to erase it, flash it but with out any success. The latest was the openvix-3.0.204-vusolo_usb file with the USB method but when the update finished there is only Pitch black and No Signal on the TV set.
No HDD connected during the procedure, only the Ethernet cable.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thank you

I checked in the forum and i found out that i have the Clone VU+. Whats the story now?? What should i do???
Thnx

Stanman
24-10-13, 20:01
Go back to the seller and demand your money back if you paid Gordon it as an original.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Phil Scrotty
04-01-17, 16:32
New to vu+,
.....though not to flashing, I have used multi sat before the intoduction of Murdock.
My query realates to this new box. I was informed that the box had been flashed but what do I do next?
With my old Technomate it was flashed to convert a channel to include clines or nlines. How do I include
these lines with the vu+? Also, how do I check if it has been flashed?

Cheers

ccs
04-01-17, 16:37
....check the forum rules first.