PDA

View Full Version : problem with solo update

Dr.Dream
29-06-10, 11:53
Hi all i just recieve this gr8 box today and i see there is image 1.0.0 inside so i try to update with original image 4.6 with usb
So i turn off the box and insert usb on front slot
I open the box and i dont see any progress of update and my usb flashes all the time
After a while i remove the stick and now just black screen and nothink
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dr.Dream
29-06-10, 11:55
and somethink more
what is the proper way to copy files on usb?
I mean on my duo i put a folder on usb named vuplus and iside one more folder named duo
On solo what have to do?

Thank you again

Sicilian
29-06-10, 12:08
Go to admit, I haven't flashed mine yet, just used defualt image.

This has been posted elsewhere by member of the VU+ Team: -

The vu solo doesn't have a display and doesn't have a fan. It works complete silence. There is a bi-colour led on front shown on / off state and the finish of a flash progress (green blinking)

Sicilian
29-06-10, 12:16
Oh yes, nearly forgot, try the folder structure /vuplus/solo/

Retired member
29-06-10, 13:41
I've had a play about with this today and I've worked out what looks like the way to do this, it seems to have worked for me...

Exactly as suspected the files go in a vuplus/solo directory from the root of the USB stick. You then put the USB stick in the front USB port on the SOLO, then turn on mains power and you should get:

ORANGE/RED LIGHT (CONSTANT) IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - LED LIGHT FLASHING ON USB STICK (if yours has an LED)

after a min or two you'll then get

ORANGE/RED LIGHT FLASH IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - NO FLASHING FROM LED ON USB STICK

then just a short while later

GREEN LED FLASHING IN ROUND DISPLAY WINDOW - NO FLASHING FROM LED ON USB

That's it, you can now remove the USB stick and turn the mains power off then back on. Once you turn the power back on again the green LED in the display window should be constant and it'll just be a black screen on the TV, you must wait a good while now, longer than you'd imagine, then eventually the VU+ setup wizard screen will appear and you are good to go!

Seems fairly obvious really now that stage one is transfer info from USB stick, stage two flash from memory, stage three complete! Hope this helps. :)